Monday, August 11, 2008

Future walking

New boots
nifwlseirff on flickr

The soles on my last hiking boots (Salomon sensifit) wore through surprisingly quickly. In under 3 years, they needed to be resoled. Admittedly, I wore them nearly all the time, but for the price that I had paid, I expected a longer lasting shoe. The fabric at the back of the heels had also worn through (fabric always does), but otherwise the tops of the boots were still very wearable. They were still very comfortable, so I decided to take them into the recommended hiking boot repairer (Walkalong in Camberwell).

Unfortunately, they are now unwearable. The sole that was fitted (and glued quite sloppily), seems to be less wide. The outsides of my feet now sit on the sharp edge of the new soles. *ouch*

So.... off to get new shoes, that are decent enough for work. I ended up with a pair of Asolo leather hiking boots. Very solid, inflexible, but quite comfortable. I shan't be driving in these just yet. I wonder how long they will take to break in, and how long they will last.

Post a Comment