Monday, August 13, 2007

Spring

Despite the cold temperatures overnight, it seems that spring started this weekend. The plum street trees are starting to blossom. I'm sure they weren't blossoming last Friday! How did it get to be mid-August already?! Hopefully my garden will start to show a few more signs of life than it currently is. Some of the seedlings I planted lost their leaves, but are still green with some new shoots showing. I think a potato has popped a leaf or two through the mulch, but it could just be the weeds (which are growing very fast!) The onion weed in the back lawn is flowering. Someone mentioned they look like snowbells, until I broke the leaf for them to smell. Very pungently onion weed. My hands seem to have completely given up - they are currently fully numb, despite wearing both of my gloves. I've never made so many typos before!
Post a Comment