Monday, July 2, 2007

Big step

Shedding nifwlseirff on flickr

I took a big step today.... I've enrolled in a TESOL course (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). I miss teaching, and found that I love learning languages. It will take a while to complete this course, then get accredited for teaching within Australia before I do a short stint teaching overseas. But, a weight has slightly 'shifted'. I feel lighter, but I know that studying on top of the demanding full time work I'm currently doing is going to take more of a toll on my poor health. Let's hope it holds up... I'm a little nervous becoming a student again - I spent many years evaluating others! I'm not at all nervous about the teaching part, only about how I'll be graded in this area. IT is much more black and white than evaluating a teacher's performance!

Post a Comment