Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Feeding pain....

Hormones are not fun. Despite having an IUD that's meant to stop all periods, my body overrides it.. twice a month or more! Ovulatory pain and bleeding is sharp and over with quickly. It's only something that has been happening in the last 2 years. I'm hoping this isn't an indication of new endometriomas or adhesions. I should go and get checked out again at the end of the year... I hope I don't need operation #5.... The regular progesterone pill, taken continuously, limited periods to once every three months. But it sent my blood pressure sky high, enough that several doctors recommended blood pressure medication. Take me off the pill, and my blood pressure is on the low side of perfect. Guess which option I picked.

The Mirena IUD seems to be loosing it's effectiveness, perhaps it's burning through it's progesterone too quickly?. Each month is heavier, feeding the adenomyomas ('blood blisters') inside the muscle wall.... causing more and more pain. There is, however, less pain (and blood) than without the Mirena.

The pain and tension in the abdomen triggers the ever-present sciatica and costo, which transfers up my neck, into my head for increased sinus/migraine activity. What an interconnected mess... Add in the other current undiagnosed medical problems, and I'm a complete whimpering wreck. I am still house sitting, and have yet to set up my room at home. None of my boxes have been unpacked, although some have been rifled through to find necessities that I forgot to label in the chaos before the move (current xstitch project, Japanese books, iPod and PS2 cables, cat blankets, etc). I return this Saturday, to start unpacking and settling in.

Kitties will then have access to sunshine, because that room is currently off limits - it contains their favourite forbidden climbing toy (an upright mattress). Right at this moment, I want to be home, unpacked, off this darn diet and curled up with a hot chocolate, Gingy, my PS2 and three big heating pads. This acute pain just sucks all my energy, motivation, sensibleness.... and it just keeps worsening over the week... Somehow, I still manage to (be present at) work... unfortunately work makes the time pass slower.

Post a Comment