Sunday, September 11, 2005

The spoon theory

I just stumbled upon an excellent way of describing how a person with chronic illness feels (the spoon theory). Adapting to full time work is much harder than I thought, especially with the extra 'out of hours' studying, seminars, volunteer work and classes just to further my skills in the area so I am seen to be 'adding value' to my position. It really shows when bad news gets to me - I have no energy to spare after work commitments - I don't even have the energy to eat, let alone cook.

Now I'm meant to be cleaning the house and creating (or rather fixing) a very badly designed website (that's the volunteer bit), when I'd really just like to curl up with my cats and sleep most of the days away. I'm overdrawing on my spoon supply, and wondering when I'm going to pay for it.

Post a Comment