Thursday, March 3, 2005

The Chronicles of Riddick

I had been waiting for this movie for a while because of the absolute gorgeousness of the trailer. And it certainly lived up to that, in the aspects of costumes, effects, landscapes and creatures. Storyline, character depth, acting quality, dialogue quality? Nonexistant! Still, I enjoyed it immensely! I spent much of the film agonising over two of the characters that I had recognised, but could not remember from where. About halfway through, I realised the main female character was 'Electrogirl' from Angel. It took me until the credits to realise that Karl Urban (Eomer in LOTR) was one of the male leads, he just looks so wrong with dark hair! ;> I did, however, recognise Judi Dench's voice-over immediately, without even realising she was a cast member.

If you are looking for a good story, I'd recommend not watching it. However, if you want funky effects that are actually very well done, a gorgeous environment, and great costumes, then a definite recommendation! For some reason the music hasn't stuck with me... strange that.

Post a Comment