Friday, January 21, 2005

Education as a 'day job'

An interesting  essay about treating high school as a 'day job'.

Luckily, I was one of those few who did that, and my out of hours concentration went into music (jack-of-all-instruments and bands), loads of reading, working at the library and tennis.

Unfortunately after high school, the music aspect disappeared, tennis disappeared earlier (age 16) about the same time as my contract at the library expired (I got too old - 16), and reading amounts have been declining over the years.

I miss my music... Not piano or the clarinet, but definitely percussion, bass clarinet, and would still love to learn the cello and flute

I think this article should be mandatory reading on every high school and university year level's book list.

And now... I think I really shall go to sleep...
Post a Comment