Monday, December 27, 2004

Merry Xmas and all that

The cats were kept happy, playing with the wrapping paper and their new balls. They lost one of the balls after only playing with it for about an hour. I finally found it again today.

I received fantastic presents - a lovely LCD monitor (everything is so crisp and properly colourful, and I can sit facing straight at my desk finally!).

And of course, Return of the King SE, which was promptly watched with glee. I was shocked at how much I didn't remember (we saw it in Germany on Boxing Day last year, when I was in incredible amounts of pain with no pain-killers available). Still, wow....

Now I'm wondering how long it will be before the rights to The Hobbit are released to PJ, as he is the only one that is able to do it justice.

Am re-reading some of my old favourites, The Magician and The Empire Trilogy, and generally taking it easy. Am sleeping around 13 hours a day, and trying to fight off a nasty ear/nose/throat virus that is lingering.

I'm left alone to try to manage the kitten-cats by myself (they are quite a handful!). Gingy has taken to attacking walls (possibly shadows?), and Smokey knows exactly what to do to annoy me (and repeatedly does it).

 I desperately need to cat-proof my study, but need to remove the now unused huge monitors.

 I think I'll be getting a monitor switching box so I can enjoy my games on this yummy LCD. There is one pixel that is always on that I have noticed, but it's off to the side so it's not too distracting.

Anyhow... have to stop the cats ruining my study and chewing the cords....

Merry Christmas to all, and a Happy New Year!
Post a Comment