Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Toys

Hives aren't responding to anything now... The antihistamines have been masking bad congestion in my chest, now apparent as I haven't taken any for a day and a half. I'm going to see if I can stay off them for a bit, and I'm toying with the idea of weaning myself off the anti-depressants. It's not that I don't need them, but the possibility of them depressing my immune system so the hives can flourish is fairly high. One of their side-effects is hives, and I have a history of reacting to medication due to building up an allergy over time.

I need to find a decent doctor outside of my university, that preferably bulk bills, as I will no longer be a student or staff member, as of the end of December. Another scary thought - it will be quite difficult for me to continue with my Psych there without arranging payments. I've been seeing her for the last 8-9 years, and she has been the best possible person to talk to - she mirrors me and reacts/comments as a friend, which is completely against psych training - but is exactly what I respond best to. 'Twill be ok once I start tutoring again in March. After I 'get a real job', who knows....

Anyhow... any suggestions of good doctors, preferably with experience of endo/adeno/chronically ill patients are extremely welcome. Friday afternoon tea at CSSE is for thanking and farewell'ing the ALs (and being birthday biccies for me). That will feel completely weird, as will cleaning out my office and returning Aquila (laptop). I wonder if the head will bother to turn up, as most of the lecturers (not to mention the ALs) are livid and helpless to change this decision. I doubt I would have continued anyway, unless it was just as a 'marker' and 'admin only' person, as my health has been so badly battered by the overtime and other demands this semester. It will be extremely weird tutoring a subject that I lectured for years, but I'm kinda looking forward to it.

Post a Comment