Saturday, November 6, 2004

Phenergan sensitivity

I feel like I'm observing from a distance. Having slept about 38 hours in the last 48 with vivid dreams is somewhat unusual for me (well not the vivid dream part). I can't tell what's part of my dreams and what's real. Nothing I have done has really helped ground me yet either. This, I think, is due to the dose of phenergan I took two nights ago (I took the larger of the recommended dosages as my hives were playing up really badly). It completely knocked me out for about 14 hours. I woke up, and went back to sleep about 5 hours later (after taking the smallest dose this time to stop any futher flares). I slept... and slept... and couldn't drag myself awake, even if my life depended on it.

Loud music, loads of coffee/tea/sugar/carbs, strong EO/incense, a hot shower, or jumping up and down hasn't helped. The loud music is stopping me from drifting back to sleep at the keyboard at least. I do have a sinus/throat/ear/chest infection which may also be contributing.

Not to mention the huge regressive kick I got with the LJ comment last night (resulting in me wanting to curl up in a corner and whimper), and the nightmares that still feel so real. The phenergan may also be reacting with the Effexor to contribute more unreal-ness, or I may just be finally crashing... I wonder how this is affecting my marking....

Post a Comment