Wednesday, June 30, 2004

I, Robot

Isaac Asimov - I, Robot

Having recently seen the preview of the film version of I, Robot, I was intrigued enough to read the book. It is presented as a collection of short stories, or memorable encounters with complications caused by interplay the three laws of robotics. It was very engaging to try to guess how the problems in each situation occured, some were quite convoluted. The style of writing is quite conversational, with minimal scientific jargon, many political and social overtones, and was very easy to read. I was left trying to puzzle out other potential dilemmas, which was probably the aim of the novel. I will certainly be reading the whole series.

There doesn't seem to be much of a connection with the book, and the preview of the movie, apart from the title and the three fundamental laws. But the effects look neat, so I'll probably see it (but not before I finish the series).

Post a Comment