Thursday, November 6, 2003

*sigh*

Three 14 hour days of marking will leave you exhausted. Having just done this, it's almost a relief to look at a computer screen again (and I can't believe I'm saying that!) I'm very pleased with the results, not anywhere near as bad as I had expected, and only one question requires remarking. I'll do that when I go through and verify all the fails (another job I hate, as it then skews my perception of the results - the lecturers always have to deal much more often with the weak students).

I get the next couple of days at home, hopefully with good weather (although opening all windows usually results in a downpour), so I can get housework, washing and some much needed and overdue honours work completed. All of that in the comfort of non-stuffed-air-conditioned comfort.

I don't know what is wrong with the new building's air conditioning system, but it's really wonky. It's far too hot, quite stuffy, and horrifically loud! It's almost a relief when it turns off in the evening, except that it just keeps getting stuffier and stuffier. Of course there are no openable windows in the building at all. I wouldn't be surprised if that is what is causing my asthma to flare up and my skin to go more horrible than usual (when majorly stressed and working too long with too much sugar).

On a side note, I'm sleeping better, thanks (I think) to the Blackmores Valerian Forte tablets. Although I'm a bit woozier in the mornings, I can usually get around that by taking the B12 and multi B with breakfast instead of lunch.

Now for dealing with strange parallel programming.....

Post a Comment