Monday, November 17, 2003

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

I liked the movie possibly mainly because it had beautiful costumes and nodded to so many great classic stories. The effects were mostly good, although I would recommend against seeing it without some form of backlighting if you are susceptible to flashing scenes. Several times I had to put my hands over closed eyes to stop the flashing from causing a migraine or an emptying of my stomach (typically during the 'transformation to/from the beast' scenes).

The characters were well portrayed, especially Mina and Dorian, and I was delighted to see Nemo (with a fanstastic ship - I imagined a small normal size sub), as I hadn't expected him in the story. The music wasn't memorable, but it will be one DVD that I will eventually get for the constumes and props. Not sure if a sequel could live up to the first, but it would be worth seeing.

Side note - I saw this a couple of weeks ago and was speechless at the ROTK trailer.... want... now....

Post a Comment