Tuesday, October 28, 2003

The last year

It looks like 2004 will be the last year I may be teaching at Monash. At lest that is what I have been warned. Apparently, the powers higher up have decided they don't need assistant lecturers, so those positions will not be offered after next year. This means that the academics will have to take all of the admin load. I just hope the standard of education does not suffer (further). Some of our best teachers are the ALs, especially when compared to some of the very crap academics that are teaching!

So... I need to think about what I want to do after that... whether I want to do a PhD, or go into industry (eek!), or find another uni, here or overseas where they value teaching more.

One step at a time, must finish honours. Maybe this will motivate me more? Unlikely.

Post a Comment