Sunday, August 24, 2003

Pain.....

It's interesting to note that whenever I get extremely busy or extremely stressed (more often both), my period breaks through. Now if I was a healthy person, without both adenomyosis and endometriosis that probably wouldn't bother me more than be just an inconvenience. However, as the endo and adeno growths bleed internally with the period, the amount of pain is insane. Which places me gibbering nonsensically in bed, or taking loads of strong pain killers.

Of course, I am not allowed to take the medications that would work (anti-inflammatories), as I have fairly advanced kidney disease. Another problem is that everytime the adeno bleeds, the swelling increases, it grows, probably moving forward the date of a full hysterectomy (damn it, I'm only 26, I don't need another (permanent) menopause yet!!) (note: three months of Zolodex treatment for smeared endo growths gave me a three month menopause, with all the 'side' effects)

So... as this is one of the busiest times of the year (the next worst will be November), and I am laid low yet again. It might result in some very interesting drug induced coding for the data compression assignment....

The main problem I see for this week is the two lectures and six hours of consultation. Recently the 'everyday' pain has been getting to the stage where I collapse, trying not to scream, and luckily it has only happened once when a student was around. I am desperately hoping the Mersyndol Forte will work for the spikes, must remember to put it in my bag.....

Post a Comment