Tuesday, July 8, 2003

Insomnia and things....

I still haven't managed to push my body clock around to daylight hours, despite having to get up at 8:30 on Saturday to get my new insteps (which feel decidedly weird, and require new Docs to be purchased *ouch*). This is a Bad Thing (tm) as I have got 9am lectures twice a week starting in second semester which I really need to be awake for.

I have started a fortnightly course of acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine. The acupuncture was not nearly as bad as I had expected, and apparently I'm a perfect fit for a certain type of herbal preparation for 'cold and phlegmy' people, 12 liquorice coated little round tablets, 3 times a day. Thank goodness I can take them all at once! I was told to expect some changes in a couple of days, but so far, nothing at all.

I got a blinding headache after seeing Charlie's Angels 2, but that's standard after a movie these days, even with the new glasses (must be the flashing and the loudness). Now I need to find a decent way to trek all the way to Upwey each fortnight that doesn't send me insane (well, more so) from boredom.

I still haven't found any motivation to do honours stuff, and it's going past the desperate stage. If anyone has any tips, please let me know. At the moment I just wish I could stop studying and stop working for a while, to concentrate on health. But as my health costs so damned much, a reduction in work (and related stress) is certainly not an option.

Need to do something about my fish tank. Debbie kindly contributed an infestation of furry algae with her gift of a heater, which is impossible to get rid of and obviously unpalatable to the bristle cat. The fish are dying one by one, and I hope I don't lose any of the important ones.

Post a Comment