Saturday, January 11, 2003

The Two Towers

I had been looking forward to this movie for a very long time, but due to moodiness wasn't in the best mood to enjoy it. I found it did not hold together so well as the first movie - perhaps as there were three distinct storylines, in addition to flash-backs and prophecies. The music was good, but I still prefer the BBC version of the ents going to war. I couldn't help but sing along to Gollum's song in the credits (very softly!). I was very pleased with the ents themselves - they were close enough to my imagined characters. The grittiness/dirtiness of the movie still struck me as being so true, yet so un-Hollywood, and it made the whole film seem much more real. There were many changes to the original storyline here, probably in the name of movement and trying to hold onto three storylines. I'm looking forward to seeing the extended edition, to seeing what was cut out story wise. I will be seeing it again (duh!), but probably not another gold-class viewing. Especially not in a gold-class cinema with 2 large groups who were quite noisy.
Post a Comment