Tuesday, December 31, 2002

Side garden greenery

When I got home from my holiday, I was shocked at how much the side garden had grown. And it was so green (especially in comparison to the dead, brown countryside). I won't need to buy anywhere near as much fresh stuff, as everything is growing so wondrously!

Currently there are tomato plants flowering, sunflowers budding, celery, cucumber, spring onion, huge variety of herbs, turnips, beets, snowpeas, butter beans, carrots, sweet corn flowering, eggplant, rhubarb, capsicum, jalapeno, lemon tree and strawberries (not flowering yet). The left hand bed is only just sprouting (planted it just before I left), and has more of the same, as well as pumpkin, honeydew melon, zucchini and salad greens. Oh yes, and everywhere there are the requisite weeds (and flowers)!

Post a Comment