Monday, December 2, 2002

Harry Potter : The Chamber of Secrets

This was quite dark in comparison with the first movie. It was interesting meeting the new characters/actors, and quite astounding to see the best Hamlet portray such a fop as Lockhart. I liked how the main characters grew more, and loved Dobby and the phoenix. I think that is the one bird (or maybe an owl or a hawk) that I would consider having as a pet (as long as they were fine with cats!) A warning for any and all arachnophobia, be prepared for your nightmares. I felt that the spider sequence was ripped straight out of my dreams (that I have on average at least 3 times a month) and plonked in full colour and sound (exactly as I dream it), on the screen. That will be the only factor causing me not to watch the movie again. Maybe if that is 1 or 2 sequences on the DVD that can just be skipped. I was ok with the larger ones, just not the carpet of spiders. For some reason I thought the music was even more derivative of Williams' older works, but I'm glad there were other people involved in the recording and mixing as it took the repetitive edge off. Stick around for the very end!
Post a Comment