Monday, December 30, 2002

The Circle and the Cross

The Circle and the Cross - book one of the Wanderers Caiseal Mor

I had no expectations for this book, though I love celtic lore and wisdom, and had finally got around to buying and reading it. I was very pleasantly suprised. Although even a younger person could read this (sometimes phrases seemed simply worded, though that could be more so after reading Tolkien poesy), the story was engrossing. It was set back at the time of the Roman Church invasion of Eirinn (Ireland), and followed how the druids, warriors, the other christian order and kings dealt with it. From what I could tell, the geography and naming seemed to be historic (if not accurate). It did paint a bleak picture of the future of that island. I need to find the second book now...

Post a Comment