Thursday, August 15, 2002

Monash Palace

Address: Monash Homemake Center, Cnr. Princes Hwy and Blackburn Rd, Clayton

Phone: 9544 5668

Drinks: BYO and Licensed

Cuisine: Cantonese

Price: about $20 per head Rating: 6/10

It was late, I wanted to eat out, this restaurante was on the way home. We passed another that had very few people in it, and decided to eat here. There were no other customers so it felt really wrong. However, the service was excellent and the food was good, even though it was overpriced. I ordered deep fried tofu and vegies - the tofu was the best I'd eaten anywhere, but the sauce was very non-descript. Bernie got crispy skin chicken, with a very yummy salt, whch I was tempted to put over my dish, and a pot of green tea rounded out our order. The ambience was completely wrong though - the music was Elvis Presley (blech!)

Post a Comment